Sunday, September 28, 2008

Squeaky Clean.





Hi All!!!!

Since early summer I've really wanted to post about this subject but have been testing out a few more products before I go do that.

Well, I think I've had plenty of time to make a recommendation, right?

Ok. So the topic this time? Clarifying shampoos. You may not think of shampoos in that sense...I know, they're ultimately supposed to clean your hair, but I promise, the 2 products I am about to mention will do so much more that just clean your hair. Before I started using it, I really didn't think about it.

However, do you really think about product build-up? No, of course not. I never did either. But then I read in Allure Mag (hello ?????) that it's good to use a clarifier ONCE A WEEK to really get out the product buildup and make you hair super clean, and super shiny.

So, CCW, she did some research. For a year and a half I have used Aveda "Detoxifier". This stuff has been absolutely amazing. My hair feels, CLEAN. I know, shampoo is supposed to make your hair feel clean, but this shampoo, really makes me feel like NOTHING is in my hair. I love it. It's important that I mention that you should really use this product once a week. Esp, for those people with color treated hair. You don't want your gorgeous highlighs stripped of their color, do you? If you love Aveda Hair Products like I do you can buy it here for only $9.50.

But, due to the recent financial crisis that this country is in, I figured, not everyone could afford the $10 asking price for the Aveda Shampoo. Therfore, CCW has tested out yet another clarifying shampoos for everyone. And I must admit, this does deliver "almost" the same outcome as the Aveda. It's called "Degunkify" by Herbal Essences. And at $3.99, seriously it's totally worth a shot.
This shampoo has pineapple and cotton leaf that really "tingles". I mean it, it really tingles. And I feel like it really gets the crap out of my hair. Even the Mooch likes it. Just like the Aveda, really just use it once a week because the ingredients are stronger than regular shampoo. Buy it here for only $3.99

On a final note...........If you certainly cannot afford anything right now, I can give you a little "homeopathic" clarifying shampoo you can use.
Beer. Yes. I said it. Beer. Good ole' fashioned beer. This actually cleans out the hair. I'm no chemist, I don't know what ingredient in beer makes this work but it really does. Again, only once a week girls.
Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo as usual. Before you condition, take a beer and pour it over your hair. Doesn't matter what kind. Once you pour it over your head, wash it out, then apply conditioner. Then wash out. I promise your hair will not smell like beer. I promise!!!
Last night, the Mooch could NOT believe I was actually washing my hair out with beer, but all the same, my hair was as shiny as glass. Believe me when I tell you, this stuff works!!!!

I remain yours,

The CCW

No comments: