Monday, February 23, 2009

Cosmetics Stimulus Plan






Hi Beauties,

A lot has happened since I last posted!
Since the US is in such financial turmoil, CCW has been trying to cut down on the high-end cosmetics and trying to shop "smarter".
I used to be able to walk into Sephora or Bergdorf's and easily spend $150 without batting an eye. Now, I need to seriously think about what I should spend my hard earned moola on.
I have decided to be more "savvy" about my cosmetics shopping and I've discovered some great "Drugstore buys".

Here's a list that will help you get started.

1) Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara in "Very Black". At only $7.65, only 2 coats of this make my lashes pop where Dior would charge you $26 to look this good. Buy it here.

2) Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quads in "Designer Chocolates". With 4 shades all marked where you need to apply them, there's no messing this up. Sometimes, I only go with the one base shade for day and since I carry this in my makeup bag, I can easily add the other colors for a more dramatic look. Looks great, stays on all day, how can you now want this? Um, and can you believe the price? $4.99, if you buy it here.

3) Styli-Style Eye-Line & Seal in Bluestone 109. I can be honest here and tell you I fell asleep with this stuff on. I know, I commited the one cardinal sin. I slept in makeup. BUT, maybe it was a good thing because I truly tested out the product. I woke up, and this stuff did not budge an inch. It is truly waterproof. I have a HUGE problem with eyeliner sliding down my face during the day, this is not the case. I went out and bought one in brown and for the price I paid, I can afford the black. This is a good alternative to the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner that you will pay $21. Buy it here for only $6

4) Loreal True Match Foundation in Natural Beige. I know I said it before in my last post of '08, this stuff really matches your skin tone and I look like I have nothing on. I can dot it on problem spots or when I got out, put it on my whole face to even out my skin tone. This price is well worth the money $10.95 to buy it here.

5) Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin. This feels like nothing and gives my skin a nice pinched look. It is a great alternative to the Nars Orgasm Blush that you will drop $25 on. Buy it here for only $5.99

6) Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. My grandmother used to use this so I always think of her when I use it, but she did know a little something about skincare. Since I wear waterproof mascara, this is the only thing that will take it off and I don't have to worry about wrinkles under the eye. It is extremely gentle. I used to use Lancome Bi-Facial makeup remover but at $26........this girl's gotta eat you know! Buy Pond's here for only $8.29, and it lasts a looooong time.

7) ELF Tone Correcting Concealer. This unfortunately you cannot get at a drugstore, but you can buy it online and it's only $1. So ladies, come on, gorgeous glowing skin is only $1 and a click away. Since it's so cheap, I stock up when I can. Buy it here for $1

8)Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lip Color in Just Enough Buff. Wonderful nude color that I grab for every time! It feels really nice on my lips, sometimes I don't need any chapstick underneath.
Buy it here for only $7.99

9) Olay Quench Body Wash. I'll admit, those Philsophy body washes in Pomegranete and Tangerine smell sooooooo pretty, but this is just as pretty and only $8.79. You'll drop at least $20 on the Philosophy brand. I love Olay products because I feel like I don't even need body lotion afterwards. Buy it here for $8.79.

10) Wet 'n' Wild Bronzer in Acapulco Glow. Especially for the winter season, I think we all need some color back in our faces. I'm not going to spend $25 on an expensive brand when this is just as good. Get the price. $2.99 and you look absolutely stunning. Not orange, not like you've been away for 2 weeks baking in the hot sun. Just glowing. Perfect! Buy it here.

So, I think that's a great list to start yourself off with. Does anyone else out there have some great drugstore buys to share with us here? Post away, let me know.

On another note, I think I need to address my title: Certified Cosmetics Whore. Um, I'm thinking of changing it slightly. The word "whore" never really felt right. I think it's a bit too crude, so to speak. So I'm going to be going by "Certified Cosmetics Junkie" CCJ, Better, sounds better to me, does it sound a little less gruff to you?

I'm super excited about this post, I hope to hear from anyone who has some great buys!

I remain yours,
The CCJ.

No comments: